Monday, March 2, 2009

Contempt Among Us, Patty Dotson


What comes around goes around for Coldwell Banker and Realtor Patty Dotson.

Patty Dotson, Realtor with Coldwell Banker Plummer Real Estate, took her client and illegally entered and went through the home of Mrs. Hahn. Apart from Coldwell Banker’s actions being unprofessional, they are illegal under NRS 118A and unethical under the Realtors Code of Ethics. Ms. Dotson failed to follow the legally required notice under NRS 118A and Hahn’s rental contract, violations of NRS 645. It was also disrespectful, physically disruptive and emotionally damaging to the Hahn family.

Mrs. Hahn wrote: “My landlord had always been very careful to respect us. Ms. Hopson’s behavior left I and my family feeling our home, legal rights and privacy were violated. What Ms. Hopson did was knowingly illegally enter our home. I complained to Rich Welsh/Dickson Realty who had the property listed for sale. I complained to my landlord who told me she had also called Mr. Welsh and had left three messages with Darryl Plummer, Broker for Coldwell Banker Plummer Real Estate. My landlord told me that they had not responded to her messages. I also left messages for Mr. Plummer to which he also not responded. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau who also got no response from Coldwell Banker Plummer. The further failures of the real estate agents to at minimum return my calls let alone apologize and respond to the BBB as they should, is staggering. It’s no wonder to me the public perception of real estate agents is so low.”

Coldwell Banker Plummer Real Estate
294 E. Moana Lane
Reno, NV

Dickson Realty
500 Damonte Ranch Parkway
Reno, NV 89521

The Hahn’s recently filed a complaint with the Nevada Real Estate Division (NRED).

Sources are Hahns, letters to and from BBB, NRED complaint, rental contract, NRS 118A, NRS 645, NAC 645, and National Association of Realtor’s Code of Ethics.

The photo is from CatYACK.com

No comments:

Post a Comment